[arin-ppml] Have we REALLY got to this sad state of disrepair?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Apr 11 21:54:42 EDT 2022

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 5:00 PM Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
> ARIN has been pussyfooting around long enough with these zombie
> resources, by now CKN23-ARIN should NEVER appear tied to a number
> resource.  Please, get on the stick and get these resources freed so
> they can be used.

Hi Ted,

I look forward to your policy proposal in which an IP broker or other
interested party can be granted care of a zombie legacy block, perform
the legal diligence needed to justify releasing its registration,
arrange the proper indemnity for ARIN should they have it wrong, and
subsequently arrange its transfer to a new registrant.

There are, of course, no non-legacy zombie blocks. The non-legacy
blocks unavailable for assignment are in cool-down which is a
different thing entirely.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--