[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Sep 23 19:25:37 EDT 2021

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:
> I add value by transferring cash to somebody else in the hope I can lease the purchased IPv4 out for a profit before China and the DoD dump addresses on the market.

Hi Mike,

ARIN leases addresses to you. You turn around and lease them to
someone else at a higher price. You add nothing in the process, no
network services or anything like that. The lessee can't rent them
directly from ARIN, not because of cost or risk or whatever but ARIN
doesn't have any left to rent. It's about as straightforward an
example of rent seeking as you can get.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--