[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Thu Sep 23 01:41:00 EDT 2021

William Herrin wrote:
> OPPOSE.
<snip>

> Also unclear why we should pretend that LIRs do a better job enforcing
> ARIN policy on address registrants than ARIN itself does. A LIR
> leasing arrangement delegates that responsibility from ARIN without,
> to my view, any good cause.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

This is enough of a reason for me to oppose this change. Delegating
ARIN's role to LIR's absent technical needs would have to be on the
basis that it somehow improves IPv4 stewardship in a manner more
efficient and in-line with community goals and consensus. I think that
would be a high bar to meet.

Oppose.

Joe