[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Wed Sep 22 16:35:46 EDT 2021

Hi Bill,

But nothing we do will change the routing trajectory.
It's not an important factor in this discussion, in my opinion.
On the transfer market, we often aggregate smaller blocks to meet the needs of buyers.
But although we can aggregate several sellers, we can't aggregate the blocks in BGP.
The effect on BGP is the same as if we purchased a large block and leased it in small blocks.
But no leasing is involved.

And it doesn't change the fact that the status quo rewards large network providers and lucky incumbents.
The network providers are good at monetizing their addresses, but those old-timers sitting on prior allocations don't have the skills to do it well. So they get taken, often by spammers.

Regards,
Mike