[arin-ppml] {Spam?} Re: Proposal - Remove Initial Small Assignment Requirements for IPv6

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 15 16:39:28 EDT 2021

On 15 Sep 2021, at 3:52 PM, Paul E McNary <pmcnary at cameron.net<mailto:pmcnary at cameron.net>> wrote:

We never asked for a ticket.

Ah, unfortunate - that does make it rather unlikely that we would have been able to help you.

All of you were telling me that if I submitted a ticket that the result might be a claw back.

I’m not certain who “all of you” were, but that’s probably specious advice if what you say is correct.

It _is_ possible that contacting ARIN to update registration could result in a resource review and revocation, but rather unlikely for those who are the legitimate rights holder. (For those who attempt to hijack address blocks, it is another story…)

If you have been using the address block continuously for a long period of time and you are aware of no other party claiming the block, then you might want to call our Registration Services Helpdesk to work through the situation and see if there’s credible evidence sufficient to update the registration.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO