[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Sep 13 15:29:30 EDT 2021

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 12:17 PM <hostmaster at uneedus.com> wrote:
> The Federal Government has has an IPv6 requirement on networks and
> purchases since 2008.  We have federal contracts, and it is still
> required.

Only if you're explicitly selling Internet service directly to the
government. If you're selling a service of which Internet is a
component or if you're selling service to a government contractor who
is bundling it with their product, the IPv6 requirement is so much
vapor.

I've worked enough Federal contracts since 2008 to know. Not one of
them, not one, requested IPv6 let alone required it.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin