[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Sep 13 13:15:22 EDT 2021

On 9/13/2021 9:48 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM Owen DeLong via ARIN-PPML
> <arin-ppml at arin.net>  wrote:
>> That’s sort of like saying that people who bought single-family houses in urban areas should be forced into high density housing because in an urban area, it’s irresponsible to have a single-family house with a yard.
>
> Hi Owen,
>
> They are forced out, more or less.

They are forced out but there's plenty more who will rush in and snap
the house up because they also want that yard in an
urban area.

In fact the reality is that the higher the land prices are forced up the
less economic sense is made to subdivide and build.  It does not in
fact act as any sort of incentive to get rid of that "irresponsible
urban yard"

In fact, our second home in another town abuts an empty build-able lot
with utilities and a road already run to it.  That area was platted out
in 1973.  That empty lot went up for sale 3 years ago and 6 months ago
one of the abutting owners bought it.  Their plans for it?  Keep it
UNBUILT.  They want to preserve the character of the neighborhood.  In
the meantime that other town is also turning itself inside out trying
to get more housing built.

Ted