[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Oct 27 14:39:15 EDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 10:59 AM Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Backwards compatibility is important here. If we want to add URL capabilities, there's no reason it can't be a new field.

Hi Scott,

I buy the backwards compatibility theory. ARIN staff will have to
comment but I think that's an implementation detail: the policy does
not require them to remove the old abuse contacts; it just makes them
optional and requires ARNI to add abuse URLs.

With that understanding, and/or a rewrite to make it clear, would you
support the proposal?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--