[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Oct 27 03:26:27 EDT 2021

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 5:33 PM Andrew Dul <andrew.dul at quark.net> wrote:
> I'd might be ok with a URL, but not just "any URL" if the community is
> really interested in improving reporting, we likely need a structured
> data format and API so that input can be better used by those receiving
> the reports.

Hi Andrew,

I'd prefer not to see ARIN leading that effort but I'd point out that
this policy change creates a framework which could lead to such
standardization. If the URL is HTTP, automation could request the URL
with a particular user agent string which, if the server supports it,
would return machine-readable instructions for generating and
transmitting a report instead of the normal human-readable ones.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin