[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-4: Clarifications to Sections 8.3, 8.4 and 8.5.6

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Thu Oct 21 15:05:46 EDT 2021

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 11:53:34AM -0700, Chris Woodfield wrote:
> I support this edit, for same reasons others have mentioned.

Same.

> If I???m recalling yesterday???s presentation correctly, it was
> ARIN Staff and Legal, not the AC, that determined that this language
> could not be implemented an editorial change, so that???s not up
> for debate here.

Thanks for noting that.

> One possible adjustment that I???d like to suggest is that the
> term ???IPv4 and/or ASN resources??? seems a bit awkward, given how
> many times it appears in the section. Perhaps we could add a new
> section that incorporates David???s suggested language, but also
> handles the clarification of the definition of number resources in
> a single place, scoped to Section 8.

We've been trying to pull the isolated/dangling definitions and
consolidate them into Section 2. Maybe "transferrable number
resources" could have a broad definition there, and would provide
up-front clarity as to what is and is not transferrable under
policy at a given point in time?

Cheers!

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling