[arin-ppml] ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:38:54 EDT 2021

Hi
I think there are a few important points to highlight.

First I personally don't see a problem in the existence of a NomCom. If
that exists is because the membership wanted that at some point to have
it in the bylaws so that just reflects their wish and understanding a
NomCom is something necessary for ARIN's reality.
I understand that sometimes NomCom decisions may be controversial but in
theory they should provide a proper filter of candidates due to several
different reasons and not simply just 'be qualified' as there is some
always some level of subjectivity in this type of process. This is
supposed be in protection the organization and to make sure that the
candidate has the necessary requirements to fulfill such an important
role. Imagine if the NomCom identifies some candidates to either the
Board or AC that may have some conflict of interest with ARIN or may
understand a possible take over tentative.

What perhaps is making this more controversial and can get some
improvements is the lack of feedback from the NomCom, at least to the
candidates, so they can choose to make the public or not to membership
in order to get their support to be candidates via the petition process.
I believe it is not something good to just to cast a vote in support to
a petition without knowing the reasons of why a candidate was reject by
NomCom, so if a rejected candidate finds it interesting it may share
with membership which with that information decide if they would support
the candidate or not via the petition process.

Best regards
Fernando