[arin-ppml] IPv4 fraud case ends

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Nov 19 09:17:45 EST 2021

On 19 Nov 2021, at 12:34 AM, Michel Py <michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us<mailto:michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us>> wrote:

John Curran wrote :
FYI - official press release from US DoJ - https://www.justice.gov/usao-sc/pr/tech-company-and-ceo-plead-guilty-twenty-counts-wire-fraud-mid-trial

Amir Golesta and Micfo LLC are not unknown names. I was not involved in this matter, but I have to point out that some "troll" has pointed out this earlier in the game. This is not ARIN's glory hour.

Michel.

Michel -

This favorable disposition of the criminal case helps complete the process that ARIN initiated as result of evident fraud against the registry system.  We first won a very favorable arbitration award that allowed revocation of the number resources and had MICFO pay ARIN $350,000 for ARIN’s legal fees and costs associated with the matter.
<https://www.arin.net/blog/2019/05/13/taking-a-hard-line-on-fraud/>   We did refer the evidence of criminal fraud to the US Dept of Justice for their consideration, and appreciate their pursuit of that matter to successful conclusion.

I shared the US DoJ press release to the ARIN ppml mailing list so that the community would have the official statement for reference, and to note that providing false statements to ARIN in order to obtain number resources can have rather significant repercussions.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO