[arin-ppml] Open Petition for ARIN-2020-2

Jason Baugher jasonbaugher at adamstel.com
Tue Jan 12 13:27:02 EST 2021

Adams TelSystems, Inc. supports this petition.

Jason Baugher
Network Operations Manager
Adams TelSystems, Inc.

For the record, our organization was unaware of the PPML process before this particular issue arose. We were simply asked to educate ourselves on the issue at hand and decide if we wanted to voice our opinion here, and we did just that. We were surprised when our new participation in this process was met with derision, suspicion, and accusation. Somehow, we were guilty simply by not having participated previously, and by extension, had our voice questioned and marginalized when we did so. It is likely that those attacks on others like us had the intended effect: to dissuade further participation by those who deigned to attempt to participate in the process. We are fully aware that there are people in the community whose names are louder and more well-known by others than our own, but that does not mean their voices are more valid than ours.

Jason