[arin-ppml] AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Fri Aug 27 22:27:49 EDT 2021

> Fernando Frediani wrote :
> I don't really agree every time I read stuff like "Every RIR should resolve their own problems".

+1

I will join you thanking John and the ARIN team for posting. Everyone knows that I have not always agreed with what ARIN or John have done; since I can not be suspected of brown-nosing, I would like to say that this was the right thing (C) (TM) to do, IMHO. Even if it may have, on paper, bent some rule, this is hardly a precedent of "improper" (emphasis on the quotes) use of the PPML list.

Now, if this topic does not belong to the PPML list, I would entertain that there shall be a place (being this list or another one) for it.
We have known for a long time that the last RIR to have addresses would be abused. This is not a surprise by any means, and I am glad to see that ARIN is supporting AFRINIC in this matter.

Michel.