[arin-ppml] Inter-RIR transfer Policy reciprocity with Afrinic_Resource Transfer Policy proposal

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Oct 14 15:22:28 EDT 2020

> Milton - I don’t think ARIN is being inhospitable. I’d argue that as the
> NRPM is currently written, the determination on whether or not AFRINIC’s
> Inter-RIR transfer policy meets the conditions set out in ARIN NRPM 8.4
> *as written* is not a determination to be made by ARIN staff, not via community consensus.

There’s one too many “nots” in this statement. Care to clarify?

>What is germane to the ARIN community here is that if the determination is
> that the AFRINIC policy is not compatible, but the community disagrees with
> that determination, then the PDP is available to the community to craft new policy
> with the goal of resolving whatever incompatibility exists.

As John says in the next message, there is no determination yet, there is just a desire by AFRNIC to discuss their latest draft with our community. So my original question remains unanswered: why are AC members recoiling from that simple act of comity?