[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-2: Reinstatement of Organizations Removed from Waitlist by Implementation of ARIN-2019-16

Tom Pruitt tpruitt at stratusnet.com
Mon Nov 2 12:51:50 EST 2020

As a result of the waitlist requirements being changed without grandfathering to those that were on it,  Stratus decided to educate ourselves as to how ARIN and their policies work.   We have taken that education and in turn tried to educate others in the community that might not be aware.   We have let those that we have spoken with know how ARIN works and what happened in our situation.    Some of the posts in support have come from those we have educated, but many have come from those we don’t know.   To be clear here we did not tell anyone what to say, fake anything or offer anything whatsoever in return for engaging in the discussion or giving support.   Any accusations of the kind are defamatory and false.     It is our hope that those we have brought to the conversation table will remain engaged moving forward and educate others they know.    The more opinions that can be brought into ARIN the better the community will be as a whole moving into the future.   This conversation itself seems to have fallen off the tracks a bit.   The bottom line is we believe that the AC did not properly address what to do with the organizations that were on the list but would be eliminated at the time of implementation of ARIN-2019-16.    We believe this was an error.   We believe the fair thing to do is address it in retrospect and the fair thing to do is grandfather those organizations.   This is spelled out in the proposal.  We also believe that the AC should learn from this mistake in future changes.

Thanks,
Tom Pruitt
Network Engineer
Stratus Networks

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it are the property of Stratus Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 309-408-8704 and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited