[arin-ppml] Oppose Draft Policy ARIN-2020-2

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Nov 1 21:27:25 EST 2020

I *oppose* adoption of ARIN-2020-2 because it's purpose is to grant
special benefits to a specific set of orgs, granting them an exception
over any other org that has or will apply for resources under current
policy. I do not believe this policy proposal is in the best interest of
the community as a whole. The staff assessment in ARIN-2019-16 clearly
noted such an outcome that ARIN-2020-2 seeks to reverse.

I also find statements of "fairness" made in the policy to be in
conflict with itself; it purports to be a "... fair, impartial, and
technically sound" draft policy, however, later stating that it was
proposed only because of a belief that "... some organizations were
treated unfairly." Whether or not ARIN-2019-16 specifically was fair or
unfair should not be the basis of new policy since in ARIN-2019-16 the
ARIN staff assessment (under legal comments) specifically stated that
"The new AC proposal will help reduce fraudulent applications, such as
those that were being made under the pre–suspension policy ...". It is
my opinion that ARIN-2020-2 seeks to undermine this whereas ARIN-2019-16
sought to protect the community.

Therefore, I oppose adoption of ARIN-2020-2 "Reinstatement of
Organizations Removed from Waitlist by Implementation of ARIN-2019-16".

~Seth