[arin-ppml] Stratus astroturfing

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Nov 1 16:08:21 EST 2020

On 11/1/20 12:47 PM, Brandt, Jason wrote:
> In this case, they felt the only way to even be heard was to get
> discussion going on this list, of which they were successful.  Again, if
> you don't agree with the stance, then voice your opinions.  To me this
> was a simple grass roots effort to make their voice heard.  Feels like
> people just want to beat that to death rather than focusing on the
> actual issue.

What they've done is change my opinion from neutral (hence why I've not
commended on this policy before) to oppose, because I believe these
actions show that Stratus may be conspiring to commit fraud through
manufactured support of a policy for their own benefit, and not the
benefit of the community.

As such I now *oppose* adoption of ARIN-2020-2 because I believe it's in
the community's best interest not to grant special favors to orgs by
grandfathering then when they were approved under a flawed policy.

~Seth