[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2020-11: Replace the Image in Section 2 With a Textual Description
info at arin.net
Tue Dec 22 17:20:46 EST 2020
On 17 December 2020, the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) advanced "ARIN-prop-295: Replace the Image in Section 2 With a Textual Description" to Draft Policy.
Draft Policy ARIN-2020-11 is below and can be found at:
You are encouraged to discuss all Draft Policies on PPML. The AC will evaluate the discussion in order to assess the conformance of this draft policy with ARIN's Principles of Internet number resource policy as stated in the Policy Development Process (PDP). Specifically, these principles are:
* Enabling Fair and Impartial Number Resource Administration
* Technically Sound
* Supported by the Community
The PDP can be found at:
Draft Policies and Proposals under discussion can be found at:
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
Draft Policy ARIN-2020-11: Replace the Image in Section 2 With a Textual Description
The beginning of Section 2 in the NRPM shows a diagram of how addressing responsibility is delegated. However, this image does not appear to have a description or even alt text, and the actual text is not selectable. This could have accessibility implications, especially for blind people, if the NRPM is converted to plain text, or if the NRPM is translated into another language.
Replace the lead section of Section 2 with the following:
Responsibility for management of address spaces is distributed globally in accordance with the following procedures:
- Global address space management is performed by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). IANA distributes address space to RIRs (AfriNIC, APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC, and the RIPE NCC), but not directly to ISPs or end users.
- RIRs, such as ARIN, distribute address space to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and directly to end-user organizations.
- ISPs may further delegate address space to other ISPs, as well as to other end-user organizations.
Timetable for implementation: Immediate.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ARIN-PPML