[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-18: LIR/ISP Re-Assignment to Non-Connected Networks

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 20:49:03 EDT 2019

Hello John

Thank for your comment.
You are right that 2050 has been obsoleted by 7020, however 7020 is much
shorter and doesn't contain much of the points and basis of 2050. That
doesn't necessarily mean that 7020 invalidated everything that was not
repeated 'ipsis literis' as it was in 2050. An example of that are the
two statements below which keep being very actual and applied in
practice in multiple RIRs still now a days.

We as a community of policy builders must base our discussions on
something that makes sense to each Internet number registry system and
those type of statements and principles (some of them never get old),
although not repeated in 7020 are still very valid and actual to the
present days.

Best regards
Fernando Frediani