[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-18: LIR/ISP Re-Assignment to Non-Connected Networks

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Oct 1 18:58:41 EDT 2019

So working on this a bit more, I suggest the following policy text;

Add to the end of section 2.4;

LIRs may also assign address space to other organizations or customers that
request it for use in operational networks.

Change section 8.5.2 as follows;

ARIN allocates or assigns number resources to organizations via transfer
solely for the purpose of use in operational networks.

Delete all but the first two sentences of 4.2.3.3, leaving;

4.2.3.3. Contiguous Blocks

IP addresses are allocated to ISPs in contiguous blocks, which should
remain intact. Fragmentation of blocks is discouraged

This text makes an editorial change to the text to be added to 2.4,
restores the original text of 8.5.2, making an editorial change to it that
is consistent with the editorial change made the new 2.4 and delete most of
4.2.3.3 as that text is impractical given today realities. The editorial
changes remove the possible implication that use is required in any
particular operational network, such as the LIR's or the providers network.

Thanks