[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-18: LIR/ISP Re-Assignment to Non-Connected Networks

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Tue Oct 1 11:09:08 EDT 2019

Should we make 2019-18 clearly say that reallocation or reassignment to non-connected networks who will themselves make operational use of the leased addresses is considered efficient use? Basically, keep the “use” requirement around reassignments the same as it is now, and just state clearly that non-connected reassignments are ok?

Scott

Hi Scott,

We could retain section 4 and section 8 justification requirements and treat non-connected networks in the same manner as connected ones. That would be a good first step and it would be simple and clean. I would support that change.

Regards,
Mike