[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-18: LIR/ISP Re-Assignment to Non-Connected Networks

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 08:40:58 EDT 2019

Hi

I am not sure we are talking exactly the same thing as the PDP are more
guidelines of procedures that must be followed when developing a new
policy. With regards NRPM Section 1 it is pretty short and doesn't
contain everything that matters to all topics discussed here so the
intent to quote other pertinent literature that doesn't contradict it.

But thanks for mentioning it, and going back to the main point of the
thread, in the Section 1 it mentions Conservation as: "Conservation of
these common number spaces requires that Internet number resources be
efficiently distributed to those organizations who have a technical need
for them in support of operational networks.".
If leases ever to be allowed it will not ensure anymore that resources
will be efficiently distributed to those organizations who have a
technical need for them in support for **operational networks** as the
only requisite will become to pay for the lease.
It also doesn't "facilitate the growth and sustainability of the
Internet for the benefit of all" as stated as resources tend to be
directed to those who are willing to pay more not to those who really
need and justify for it.

Regards
Fernando