[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-19: Require IPv6 Before Receiving Section 8 IPv4 Transfers

scott scott at solarnetone.org
Mon Nov 18 00:40:14 EST 2019

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Michel Py wrote:

>> Whether you like it or not, sooner or later IPv4 will go away, because
>> the needs of the global population are greater than then needs of the
>> few entrenched operators, no matter what minor fiefdom they have
>> claimed.
>
> And of course you are right because, after 20 consecutive years of
> failing to deliver it, it's going to be next year, right ?

Big ships take time to turn.  The last I checked, the Internet is the
largest and most complex technology system on the planet.  You will be
able to look out the window, however, and see exactly nobody using horse
drawn carriages anymore.  Further, your point that IPv6 has not been
delivered is compeletely false.  It is a fully functional protocol,
deployed in the real world, for real work.  It solves real problems
that many people have.

> Owen, do you realize that this one post just did more damage to IPv6
> than I did ?

You are right about one thing:  you have purposefully made serious effort
to damage IPv6 deployment, for reasons only you know.  Further, your "i
told you so"'s and braggadocious self-aggrandizement have no place in this
discussion, IMHO.