[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-19: Require IPv6 Before Receiving Section 8 IPv4 Transfers

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed Nov 6 22:08:51 EST 2019

Jordi,

I wanted to close the day on a positive note.

> Jordi wrote :
> I buy you a dinner if not, even in one of the Michelin restaurants in Madrid if you want!

These are not acceptable terms. I buy. You come to California :P

For the PPML readers :

Jordi and I have met, several times. 20 years ago, I think we could have been called friends.
People, I have to say this : Jordi is not human. In his back, 20 years ago, there was some debate about what Jordi was.
A droid, an extra-terrestrial, a combination of both.
Jordi does not sleep. Jordi does not eat. Jordi does not drink.
All that Jordi does is to promote IPv6. Jordi is the most valuable asset in the world to the IPv6 camp.

This is not 3rd degree humor. This is a direct compliment. Both of us have the handicap of English not being our native language.
Jordi and I had a few regrettable non-professional exchanges, but I does not erase the profound respect I have for him.

That being said, Jordi, with all due respect, I will not hesitate to get you out of messing my ecosystem. We once shared the same goal. The difference between you and me is that what we once both sought has not happened.

IPv4 is not over. Regrettably, I may have to figuratively kill you over it.
Concede, or die. This ARIN proposal you are supporting is not honorable.
This proposal sucks. It's all about cooking numbers.
I respect who you were, 20 years ago. Supporting this proposal is not honorable, it's just about making a buck.

Jordi, this is not you. Please come to your senses. Our plan has failed. Please. This is not the IETF.
Wake up. It is never too late.

When this is over, please come drink my wine. I have been saving a very expensive bottle for you.
I was thinking inviting Owen and John to share it, but the Yankees don't understand wine.
We'll drink the good stuff and have them drink the two buck chuck.

:P

Michel.