[arin-ppml] [EXT] Re: Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation

Marilson Mapa marilson.mapa at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:41:09 EDT 2019

Ø  If organizations violate their legal agreements with you, then that’s a
matter for the legal system, not ARIN.

Ø  ARIN is not law enforcement agency, but rather a Regional Internet
Registry.

REGISTRATION SERVICES AGREEMENT – ARIN-RSA

13. TERM AND TERMINATION

(b) Suspension of Services or Termination of Agreement for Cause by ARIN.
ARIN shall have the right to suspend Services without notice to Holder if
Holder breaches any of Sections 2(c), 2(d), 4 or 7. In addition, ARIN may
immediately suspend Services upon written notice to Holder pursuant to
Section 2(e) or if Holder breaches Section 2(d) or Section 11.

Sections 2(d):

(d) Prohibited Conduct By Holder. In using any of the Services, Holder
shall not: (i) disrupt or interfere with the security or use of any of the
Services; (ii) violate any applicable laws, statutes, rules, or
regulations; or (iii) assist any third party in engaging in any activity
prohibited by any Service Terms.

(e) Cooperation With Government Authority. ARIN shall have the right,
without liability or notice to Holder, to cooperate and comply with all
applicable laws, statutes, rules, or regulations.

5. CURRENT AND FUTURE POLICIES: Pursuant to ARIN’s Policy Development
Process (“PDP”), ARIN maintains the Policies and may at any time in its
sole and absolute discretion amend the Policies, implement new policies
(which once amended or implemented, becomes part of the Policies), or
revoke existing Policies.

7. NO PROPERTY RIGHTS: Holder acknowledges and agrees that: (a) the
Included Number Resources are not property (real, personal, or
intellectual) of Holder;

It is your rules granted by a contract signed between the parties. Once
signed they are rights, but they are also duties and obligations legal and
moral. Regardless of the existence of a contract, as a citizen you have a
moral obligation to demand ethical behavior from those who use the tools
you have made available. Run away from your responsibilities and you will
be complicit.

"Fraud will not be tolerated. The vast majority of organizations obtain
their address space from ARIN in good faith according to the policies set
out by the community. However, ARIN detected fraud as a result of internal
due diligence processes, and took action to respond in this particularly
egregious case," said John Curran, ARIN President and CEO. "We are stepping
up our efforts to actively investigate suspected cases of fraud against
ARIN and will revoke resources and report unlawful activity to law
enforcement whenever appropriate."

Fraud will not be tolerated when it occurs against the community. But it is
widely tolerated if it is against the populations. It seems that "police"
actions are only out of scope when they will reduce community profits. To
hell with the world!

Marilson