[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-13: ARIN Membership Legal Jurisdiction Exclusion

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Tue May 21 22:48:48 EDT 2019

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 12:52:16PM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> On 5/21/19 11:02 AM, ARIN wrote:
> > Draft Policy ARIN-2019-13: ARIN Membership Legal Jurisdiction Exclusion
>
> Oppose this one too.
>
> What's with the burst of "how to be excluded from ARIN jurisdiction"
> proposals right after the successful fraud case? Are the fraudsters
> suddenly concerned?

Firstly: an odd interpretation for a proposal that expressly
seeks to put more entities into ARIN's sphere, not remove them.

Secondly, the apparent timing is only due to them being accepted
at the May AC meeting. If you look at the actually submission
dates ( https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/proposals/ )
you'll see they were during the ARIN43 meeting.

Cheers!

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling