[arin-ppml] Of interest?

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat May 18 14:49:09 EDT 2019

There’s a much simpler way around this, that I brought up before runout and
will bring up again:

ARIN should take any IPv4 address space it has post-runout and sell it on
the open market at auction.

The only reason there is a potential for fraud is that there is a disparity
between the market price and the price of playing ARIN with fraudulent
documents significant enough to draw criminal players in.

The revenue could be used for scholarships or IPv6 advocacy or whatever
else makes sense.

But what doesn’t make sense is giving away resources that the market has
clearly valued at a higher price.

Matthew Kaufman