[arin-ppml] Solving the squatting problem

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Fri May 17 00:22:46 EDT 2019

On May 16, 2019, at 9:07 PM, Michel Py <michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us> wrote:.

>> This isn’t a problem ARIN needs to solve.
>
> Ok, I give up. Let's keep squatting.

Why don’t you just start squatting on 240/4 *without* RIR permission? This seems like an ideal case for permissionless innovation, as it’s not like anyone else is going to be using those numbers for anything that might conflict.

>> Scott Leibrand wrote :
>> That said, it’s not that difficult to use IPv6 inside your own network to replace RFC1918 space
>
> You have no bloody idea about what my own network actually is.

You’re right, I should’ve said “one’s own network”, as I wasn’t referring to you (singular), but making a generalization.

But now that you mention it: would it be easier to patch all your gear to support 240/4, or enable IPv6, for internal comms?

-Scott