[arin-ppml] Solving the squatting problem

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Thu May 16 23:53:09 EDT 2019

> Cathy Aronson wrote :
> My point is that this has to come from the IETF

It does not. And failed attempts were 10 years ago, when almost everyone still believed that IPv6 would be deployed "within 2 or 3 years".

I hate to break it to you, but ARIN members interest are not automatically the same as the IETF, and it was more than 10 years ago.
Since then, the world has ran out of IPv4 and it's still turning and the Internet is still up.

> As Owen has said and the IETF has agreed, IPv6 is the “better alternative ”

It has been for 20 years, and still has not happened. Maybe 25% of the Internet is dual-stacked, and maybe 3% is IPv6-only.

I rest my case.
Michel.