[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Recommendation Regarding NRPM 4.1.8. Unmet Requests

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Thu May 16 12:32:08 EDT 2019

On 2019-05-16 8:15 a.m., hostmaster at uneedus.com wrote:
> IPv6 is the Future.  We need our policies to help make it happen.
>
> Albert Erdmann
> Network Administrator
> Paradise On Line Inc.

Or we can just wait until IPv8 comes out, I hear it is twice as fast as
IPv4 ;)

All kidding aside, I personally dont' think ARIN's role should involve
anything that can be construed as 'forcing' IPv6 adoption.  While it
might run counter to popular opinion, the idea of policies that
encourage the 'killing' of IPv4 usage goes against the grain.

Policies can 'encourage' more people supporting IPv6, but making
policies that make it mandatory have real world implications to holders
of IPv4 space, that I think run contrary to ARIN's role to service those
incumbants.

IMHO

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."