[arin-ppml] Of interest?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 14 19:56:14 EDT 2019

On 14 May 2019, at 11:57 AM, Brian Jones <bjones at vt.edu<mailto:bjones at vt.edu>> wrote:

Great Job ARIN! I hope this sets a precedence to help deter future fraudulent behavior …

From the press release –

"Fraud will not be tolerated. The vast majority of organizations obtain their address space from ARIN in good faith according to the policies set out by the community. However, ARIN detected fraud as a result of internal due diligence processes, and took action to respond in this particularly egregious case," said John Curran, ARIN President and CEO. "We are stepping up our efforts to actively investigate suspected cases of fraud against ARIN and will revoke resources and report unlawful activity to law enforcement whenever appropriate."

One cannot predict the behavior of criminals, but we have indeed demonstrated a very real risk of consequences for attempting such acts.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO