[arin-ppml] Of interest?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue May 14 18:13:58 EDT 2019

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 1:58 PM Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Some of the resources sought and fraudulently obtained had been
> transferred to bona-fide purchasers out of the ARIN region."
>
> Kind of makes you wonder...   Could the profits from "Bona-fide
> purchasers outside
> of ARIN region" by the fraudsters  have exceeded what they were ordered to
> pay?

If we had the numbers it would be easy enough to calculate. There were
735,000 addresses involved. Roughly 20,000 of them (~3%) needed to be
transferred at $18 each to break even on the $350,000 ordered payment. How
many did ARIN decide not to reclaim because the recipients did not appear
to be part of the fraud? If it was more than 3% then you could reasonably
say the guy got away with it.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--