[arin-ppml] Policy action menu for Waiting List (4.1.8) - feedback requested.

Rob Seastrom rs-lists at seastrom.com
Thu Mar 7 16:45:54 EST 2019

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:23 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>

> In message <0E270DD1-870A-45E1-8B5E-55C2BFB824B6 at seastrom.com>,
> Rob Seastrom <rs-lists at seastrom.com> wrote:
>
>> This pool must be drained in an orderly fashion. This must be
>> sustainable to provide a buffer/queue system to manage any future free
>> pools, with an orderly in/out sequence.
>
> Just a rather simple question:  How are you defining the term "an orderly
> in/out sequence' in this context?
>
> Did you just mean first-come/first-served in terms of requests for number
> resources?

I believe that current practice with Registration Services is that waiting list requests are filled in the order that their Section 4 justification was approved, not in the order of initial application (which is what I think of when I read the phrase “first come first served”).  Times to handle number resource justifications vary widely.  It helps to have all the information RSD needs to see when first filing, etc.

Orderly implies invariability of this process; whether the process is dictated in the NRPM (which I don’t believe it needs to be) or whether it’s part of RSD’s internal workflow, the point is that there’s a process and it gets followed.  That’s all.

cheers,

-r