[arin-ppml] [Ext] Re: Draft Policy ARIN-2019-10: Inter-RIR M&A - Seeking Community Comments

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Tue Jul 16 15:45:14 EDT 2019

On 7/16/19, 11:02 AM, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> wrote:

[...]

>  Leo, Open many RIPE-NNN documents which are old. You will not find anything in it stating “Obsoleted by RIPE-XXX”.
>
> Open similar RIPE-XXX document which obsoletes RIPE-NNN. You will not find anything in it stating “Obsoletes RIPE-NNN”.
>
> I’m happy you were able to find an example where that works, but there are many examples where it doesn’t.

I have been looking through a selection of newer and older documents and haven't yet found one without a meticulous history in the metadata panel on the righthand side of the page. There might well be the occasional omission, although I haven't seen any. If you have found some, letting the RIPE NCC staff know so that they can fix them is the right thing to do. Just asserting that there are many examples where there isn't a history is unhelpful.

Kind regards,

Leo Vegoda