[arin-ppml] DoD to sell 13 x /8 of its IPv4 Blocks over the next 10 years and need for ARIN-2019-19

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Thu Dec 19 20:35:05 EST 2019

> Ronald F. Guilmette wrote :
> Having tried, and failed, to find the RFC that describes and designates Industry Standard Squat
> Space, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't one, and that thus, I ought to write one.
> I'd like to have it drafted and ready to go by April 1, 2020.

:-)

The date sounds right.

Would be nice to document who actually coined it. The first time I saw it
is on the slides that Joe quoted before :
https://pc.nanog.org/static/published/meetings/NANOG77/2108/20191028_Elverson_Your_As_Is_v1.pdf
I found that presentation great, BTW.

Here is my point : if it has a name or an acronym in a Nanog presentation from the FBI or NCIS, it actually exists. I have personally emailed with one of the principals in this presentation, and I think they have a very clear view of the issue and acknowledge the problem.

> Joe Provo wrote :
> In the part you didn't quote, I pointed out operators have choice.

Teens who smoke marijuana, drink, or take drugs have one, too.
You are not going to solve the problem by pretending that it does not exist.
The truth is that operators will go to the quickest or the cheapest solutions, not the best one or the right one, or the one you like.

Michel.