[arin-ppml] DoD to sell 13 x /8 of its IPv4 Blocks over the next 10 years and need for ARIN-2019-19

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Thu Dec 19 16:04:20 EST 2019

> Ca By
> Also, the language requiring the DoD to move has been removed from the bill.
> Likely because relevant budget organs of government explained how it is fiscally
> impossible to get to ipv6 for them. You can search this archive for one M. Py
> for a template of what they may say about running old systems.

I'm surprised this made it this far, actually. This displeases too many groups :
It displeases the IPv6 zealots who see in it another way to keep IPv4 rolling.
It displeases the IPv4 zealots who are perfectly happy with their monopoly.
It displeases the operators who have been using DoD space as Industry Standard Squat Space.

Michel.