[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-4: Allow Inter-regional IPv6 Resource Transfers

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Tue Apr 9 09:33:34 EDT 2019

Dear ARIN community,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 03:52:15PM -0400, ARIN wrote:
> On 21 March 2019, the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) accepted
> "ARIN-prop-263: Allow Inter-regional IPv6 Resource Transfers" as a
> Draft Policy.
>
> The Draft Policy text is below and can be found at:
> https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/drafts/2019_4/
>
> You are encouraged to discuss all Draft Policies on PPML.

I'd like to draw the community's attention to the following joint
announcement from two of Africa's largest IP transit providers. The one
paragraph I'd like to highlight:

    Ben Maddison <benm at workonline.africa> wrote:

    "Please note that for the legal reasons previously discussed in
    various fora, neither Workonline nor SEACOM are utilising the ARIN
    TAL. As a result, any routes covered only by a ROA issued under the
    ARIN TAL will fall back to a status of Not Found. Unfortunately,
    this means that ARIN members will not see any improved routing
    security for their prefixes on our networks until this is resolved."

    source: https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2019-April/100445.html

It should be incontestable now that ARIN resource holders are at a
disadvantage when it comes to RPKI services.

Kind regards,

Job