[arin-ppml] ARIN discontinuing DNSSEC capability to legacy holders

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Oct 4 14:14:36 EDT 2018

> On Oct 4, 2018, at 11:10 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> ARIN had been inconsistent in our approach to ... DNSSEC services over the years.

There is no room for inconsistency in the application of security.

You’re entirely missing Michael’s point.  DNSSEC is not a _treat_ that you dangle in front of universities, it’s an operational requirement for _the whole Internet_, of which your paying members are constituents.  You’re denying _me_ the ability to use DNSSEC to validate addresses any time you prevent anyone from registering a DS record.

                                -Bill