[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2018-5: Disallow Third-party Organization Record Creation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Nov 20 18:46:40 EST 2018

On 20 Nov 2018, at 4:25 PM, Jason Schiller via ARIN-PPML <arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:

> I support the policy as written.

Jason -

That’s good to know.

> I also support it as an operational practice change
> if we can document such change in the "ARIN services document".

Disallowing third-party organizational record creation is not an operational detail, but a significant change to what the community considers to be acceptable registry content – ergo, a policy change is quite appropriate for this purpose.

> Either way, I have a question for staff:
>
> How will staff deal with Org creation requests for legal entities that are incorporated
> outside of the ARIN service region?

Organizations outside of the ARIN service region can request an OrgID.

> Today the only way for an ARIN Org to reallocate or re-assign IPs to a non-ARIN
> service region legal entity is to create a customer OrgId while SWIP’ing.

Simple reassignment may suffice in some circumstances.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO