[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - January 2018
info at arin.net
Wed Jan 31 14:15:18 EST 2018
In accordance with the Policy Development Process (PDP), the Advisory
Council (AC) met on 26 January 2018.
The AC has advanced the following Proposal to Draft Policy status (will
be posted separately for discussion):
* ARIN-prop-250: Allow Inter-regional ASN Transfers
The AC advances Proposals to Draft Policy status once they are found to
be within the scope of the PDP, and contain a clear problem statement
and suggested changes to Internet number resource policy text.
The AC has abandoned the following:
* ARIN-2017-4: Remove Bidirectional Requirement for Inter-RIR Transfers
The AC provided the following statement:
"At its annual face-to-face meeting on January 26th 2018, the ARIN AC
voted to abandon Draft Policy ARIN-2017-4. Support/opposition among
members of the AC mirrors that in the community - which has remained
more or less evenly split over the life of the policy proposal. One of
the ongoing objections has been that under current policies at other
RIRs, 2017-4 would not have any effect on current address transfer
practices. We would welcome the submission of a new policy proposal with
the same unidirectional transfer goals as 2017-4 once there is a
compatible one-way transfer policy in another RIR to inform discussion."
Anyone dissatisfied with this decision may initiate a petition. The
deadline to begin a petition will be five business days after the AC's
draft meeting minutes have been published.
The AC has classified the following Proposal as an editorial update:
* ARIN-prop-251: Correct references to rwhois
Per Part One, Section 3.1 of the PDP:
"Changes to policy that are purely editorial and non-substantial in
nature are outside the scope of the full Policy Development Process and
may only be made with 30 days public notice followed by the concurrence
of both the ARIN Advisory Council and ARIN Board of Trustees that the
changes are non-substantial in nature."
The editorial update review window is forthcoming and will be posted
separately for discussion.
The AC is continuing to work on:
* ARIN-2017-3: Update to NPRM 3.6: Annual Whois POC Validation
* ARIN-2017-8: Amend Community Networks
* ARIN-2017-9: Clarification of Initial Block Size for IPv4 ISP Transfers
* ARIN-2017-10: Repeal of Immediate Need for IPv4 Address Space (NRPM
* ARIN-2017-11: Reallocation and Reassignment Language Cleanup
* ARIN-2017-12: Require New POC Validation Upon Reassignment
* ARIN-2017-13: Remove ARIN Review Requirements for Large IPv4
The PDP can be found at:
Draft Policies and Proposals under discussion can be found at:
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
More information about the ARIN-PPML