[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Improved IPv6 Registration Requirements

Kevin Blumberg kevinb at thewire.ca
Thu Sep 28 11:46:27 EDT 2017

I support the policy as written.

If the stick isn’t big enough it appears a simple policy change could be used, not just for this section but all the other areas “should” is used.

I would like to point out that “should” is currently used 30 times in the NRPM.

In reading John’s explanation, I can’t see “should” and “shall” being considered an editorial change. To extend the policy cycle to another meeting would be far worse.

Out of curiosity, how often has ARIN had to deal with SWIP issues like this, where the other party ignored you?

Thanks,

Kevin Blumberg