[arin-ppml] Revised - Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Improved IPv6 Registration Requirements

John Santos john at egh.com
Mon Sep 18 12:14:18 EDT 2017

On 9/18/2017 10:37 AM, ARIN wrote:
> The following has been revised:
>
> * Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Improved IPv6 Registration Requirements
[snip]

> 4) Add new section 6.5.5.4 "Registration Requested by Recipient" of
> the NRPM, to read: "If the downstream recipient of a static assignment
> of /64 or more addresses requests publishing of that assignment in
> ARIN's registration database, the ISP should register that assignment
> as described in section 6.5.5.1."

I have been under the impression that a common goal of most people
proposing NRPM changes is to eliminate the use of the term "ISP", since
it is not defined in the policy and most or all the relevant sections
also apply to other organizations that, while they re-allocate or
reassign address space, are not, properly speaking, ISPs.  Shouldn't
this says "LIR" or "provider" or some other more generic term?

[snip]

--
John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.