[arin-ppml] Revised: ARIN-2017-4: Remove Reciprocity

David R Huberman daveid at panix.com
Fri Sep 8 13:27:10 EDT 2017

> Parts of Africa choose to starve rather than accept the import of GMO
> food products from the U.S. This is not the US's problem, nor should it
> be. I believe the correct proverb is, "beggars can't be choosers."

Bill, I framed the root motivation of the draft policy as:

"ARIN-based network operators who are responsible for multi-continent IP
networks need to be able to move ARIN-registered numbers from ARIN to
LACNIC and AFRINIC for our datacenters in those regions.  This need is to
allow us to achieve legal compliance and network engineering goals."