[arin-ppml] ARIN Draft Policy 2017-3: Update to NPRM 3.6: Annual Whois POC Validation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed May 10 15:18:53 EDT 2017

On 10 May 2017, at 2:34 PM, John Santos <JOHN at egh.com<mailto:JOHN at egh.com>> wrote:
I'm a little confused by this because my company is a legacy holder and I'm certain I've updated our POC information several times in the past.  (At least once because the phone company changed our area code, once because the Post Office changed our ZIP code, and one of our original POCs retired and I changed our company's administrative POC as a result.)  I've also changed our rDNS server addresses several times over the years. If it makes any difference, I have been responding to the annual "please validate your POC information" email from ARIN.

Am I currently prohibited from making changes, or has maintaining the POC information been sufficient to retain my right to update our records?

John -

  It’s a perfectly reasonable question (as there is quite a bit of misinformation out there…)

  At ARIN’s formation, the Board of Trustees decided that ARIN would provide registration
  services for these legacy number resources without requiring legacy resource holders
  to enter into a registration services agreement or pay any fees.

  All legacy number resource holders are provided these traditional registry services
  (including the ability to update their information in the ARIN registry) but also have
  the option to enter into an agreement and pay standard fees if they wish additional
  services or to formalize their contractual relationship with ARIN.

  Please refer to <https://www.arin.net/resources/legacy/services.html> for details.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran