[arin-ppml] ARIN Draft Policy 2017-1: Clarify Slow Start for Transfers proposed updates

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 9 10:31:44 EDT 2017

On 9 May 2017, at 10:15 AM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com<mailto:jschiller at google.com>> wrote:

John,

Thank you for the statement.  This makes me feel much more comfortable.

I wish such text was clearly spelled out in the policy
(as I think that is good for the community), but I will happily
take such text as part of the unwritten rules of the NRPM.

Would you say the policy proposal as written is an operation non-op
for ARIN staff?

Intersting question.  The policy proposal would result in some very specific procedures
for processing requests that utilize that new policy text, and so it is not a “no-op”; there
would be work to implement both internally with processes and in public-facing materials.

The more interesting question is whether the policy proposal would enable approval
of any transfer requests that would not already be approved under existing policy –
that appears to be quite unlikely.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran