[arin-ppml] Fwd: Advisory Council Meeting Results - June 2017

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Jun 29 13:30:13 EDT 2017

 > The AC has abandoned the following Draft Policy:
 >
 > ARIN-2017-1: Clarify Slow Start for Transfers
 >
 > The AC provided the following statement:
 >
 > "The AC has chosen to abandon ARIN-2017-1, Clarify Slow Start for
Transfers. The problem statement lead to discussions that the currently
operational practice does not prohibit the use of a forward projection
based on past utilization. There was a lack of support from the
community on moving this policy forward and for those two reasons we
have abandoned this Draft Policy."

 > Anyone dissatisfied with this decision may initiate a petition. The
deadline to begin a petition will be five business days after the AC's
draft meeting minutes are published.

The minutes from the ARIN Advisory Council's 15 June 2017 meeting have
been published:
https://www.arin.net/about_us/ac/ac2017_0615.html

The petition deadline is 4 July 2017.

For more information on starting and participating in petitions, see PDP
Petitions at: https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp_petitions.html

The ARIN Policy Development Process can be found at:
https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html

Draft Policy and Proposal texts are available at:
https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/index.html

Regards,

Sean Hopkins
Policy Analyst