[arin-ppml] Discussion on elimination of SWIP requirements.

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Jun 12 10:24:17 EDT 2017

On 6/3/2017 4:27 PM, hostmaster at uneedus.com wrote:
> If enforcement of SWIP would result in the elimination of network abuse,
> I would not speak against it. However, even with valid contacts in SWIP,
> abuse reports are ignored.

You have NO proof of that.

If you contacted me at one of my abuse contacts and I investigated and
discovered a bad user and gave them the boot, I wouldn't contact you
back.  The reason?  I don't have any assurance that you aren't the bad
user I'm booting (or a proxy of theirs) trying to get information on how
I police my servers.

Ted