[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Tue Jun 6 14:30:08 EDT 2017

Good day, PPML!

First, as the primary shepherd for ARIN-2017-5,  I want to thank everybody for the spirited
discussion on this proposal.  It's generated a lot of good feedback for the AC to take
under consideration as we develop the text.

Based on the community feedback, as well as internal dialog, I'm going to remove the IPv4
requirements from the draft policy proposal.

I'll have a new version of the draft text posted to the ARIN website once I'm finished with
the edits and it's approved internally.

It would still be very useful to understand if there's majority community support for
specific nibble boundaries for the IPv6 cut-off.

The boundaries at /60, /56, and /48  have all been discussed.  If one is more favorable than
the other, and you would like to see the proposal edited to use that one, we will certainly
take that under advisory.

Thanks,

  Leif Sawyer
  ARIN  Advisory Council.