[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

james machado hvgeekwtrvl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 16:48:14 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 12:48 PM, <hostmaster at uneedus.com> wrote:

> In the case of that 69.0.0.0 block we were talking about, it may not be on
> the other side of the earth, but certainly in different states.  That block
> had the serving site as CT, the parent record as TX, and a note in that
> record to send legal process to FL.  Quite a trip.
>
> What is the purpose of the SWIP record, if the contact is nowhere near the
> site?

I don't care where you network is.  I care that you know what it is doing
and that when I contact you about your network you will deal with it.

> Albert Erdmann
> Network Administrator
> Paradise On Line Inc.

On a side note I agree with Tony's version. It's clear and concise and it
doesn't require a re-write when a new assignment paradigm comes out to play.

James